Senior Accounting Staff / Client Manager ( Steinbach Winkler Winnipeg )
- Processing of compilation, review, and audit engagements in a disciplined and organized way, within fixed timelines
- Maintain up to date understanding of income tax
- Oversee bookkeeping and support tasks
- Client management – address client raised issues promptly with appropriate members of the engagement team
- Mentor junior staff in all aspects of the engagement process
- Professionalism, confidentiality and integrity in all tasks and communications
- Commitment to ongoing Professional Development in core and related subject matter
- Contribute to the communities in which we live and work
- CPA designation or nearing completion of designation
- Experience with Caseware, Tax Prep, Quickbooks, Sage Accounting
- Minimum 4 years public accounting experience (2 years in a manager role preferred)
- High computer literacy
- Solid understanding of income tax and sales taxes
- Commitment to client service
- Strong problem solving ability
- Accountability for goal setting and tracking
- Highly self organized
- Able to work as part of a team
Junior Staff Accountant ( Winnipeg )
Gislason Targownik Peters is currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time, permanent accounting position.
About Us: Gislason Targownik Peters is a respected and growing public practice accounting firm, and we’re excited to welcome a new member to our team. If you’re enthusiastic about pursuing a career in accounting and are on the path to achieving a CPA designation, we want to hear from you. We offer a professional work environment, attractive benefits and a supportive career development environment.
Position: Junior or Intermediate Accountant As part of our accounting team, you’ll play a crucial role in our dedicated and professional team. We’re seeking an individual who not only brings a strong academic foundation in accounting but also possesses practical experience in bookkeeping or accounting. You’ll collaborate with partners and managers to provide comprehensive support in various aspects of public accounting.
Key Responsibilities: Work closely with partners and managers to assist in a wide range of public accounting tasks, including bookkeeping and accounting functions to facilitate the preparation of financial statements. Contribute to the preparation of personal and corporate income tax returns. Utilize your previous bookkeeping or accounting experience to ensure accuracy and compliance in financial records.
Qualifications: Enrollment in the CPA program or relevant courses on the path to obtaining a CPA designation is a must. Familiarity with accounting and tax software such as CaseWare, TaxPrep, QuickBooks, and Simply Accounting will be advantageous. Understanding of computerized payroll, bookkeeping, and record-keeping practices will be considered an asset.
Core Competencies: Dedication to providing exceptional client service. Proficient problem-solving skills to address challenges effectively. Strong self-organization skills to manage tasks independently and efficiently. Ability to collaborate seamlessly within a team environment.
How to Apply: If you’re ready to take your accounting career to the next level and contribute to a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply. Please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to or use the form below to upload your application.
Experience working with or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare, Tax Prep, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial. Experience in preparing T4s and T5s is preferred. Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a computerized system is considered an asset.
Senior Client Manager ( Winnipeg )
We are seeking a senior client manager in our Winnipeg office with an accelerated track to partnership for the right individual.
Applicants will be designated and have experience in a managerial or partner capacity. Our Winnipeg practice has a diverse client base with a wide range of audit, review and compilation clients with related corporate and individual tax planning. This is an exceptional opportunity for your own professional growth while contributing to the successes of our clients and firm.