Accounting & Office Manager ( Winkler )
Gislason Targownik Peters is currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time, permanent position located in our Winkler office.
- Manage the day to day administrative processes for the firm including accounting, AR, AP, payroll, benefits administration, etc
- Supervise the activities of the administrative team
- Perform Month-end and Year-end close
- Lead the continuous improvement of internal administrative processes
- Support the CEO and partners to meet client expectations and support future growth
Education & Experience
- Must be highly computer literate
- Fluent in English – an excellent communicator
- Completion of a college or university program in accounting, business or related field
- 5+ years in an accounting or office management role
- Experience in human resources is a plus
- Experience with Sage 50 or similar product
- Commitment to client service
- Highly organized, able to multitask
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Desire for continual improvement and learning
Junior Staff Accountant ( Winkler )
Gislason Targownik Peters is currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time, permanent position within our Winkler office.
The applicant must be enrolled in courses leading to a CPA designation and have previous bookkeeping or accounting experience. Strong organizational, people and detail skills are a must, along with high standards of integrity and ethics. The successful candidate will enjoy working independently and as part of a dedicated, professional team. He or she will assist partners and managers in all areas of public accounting, including… bookkeeping and accounting functions in support of the preparation of financial statements as well as personal and corporate income tax returns.
Experience working with or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare, Tax Prep, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial. Experience in preparing T4s and T5s is preferred. Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a computerized system is considered an asset.